The Alphabet of the world


I guess every architect knows Google Maps as its very useful in our career especially in studying urban planning and taking other countries as case studies by using the street view to envision the area as if you were there.

Rhett Dashwood, a creative director from Melbourne, Australia, searches Google Maps for geographic letters when he's not busy directing creatively. Or playing with one of those swinging metallic ball thingies.

Over the course of several months beginning October 2008 to April 2009 I've spent some of my spare time between commercial projects searching Google Maps hoping to discover land formations or buildings resembling letter forms. These are the results of my findings limited within the state of Victoria, Australia.
As you can see, I used the letters to spell 'Loving Architecture', but you could use them to write a really cool digital ransom note
PUT OnE MiLLiOn DOLLARS In A PAPER BAg AnD WAiT FOR YOuR cELL TO RiNG...
LOvE.
nOT KARiM
And I think it's pretty cool all the letters came from Victoria. I'm gonna see if I can make a set using my own location! Kidding, I don't have time for that shit.

Check out the whole alphabet here.

And lastly Geogreeting, is a recently created site which lets you create messages and e-cards using incidental Google Maps lettering.

No comments:

Post a Comment