You're doing it wrong!: Egyption architecture

I knew when I saw this picture it was too good to be true. And sadly, it is. I had to do some interweb spelunking but, finally, got to the bottom of its origin. Touted around the net as a "building" in Egypt (arguably my favorite country). So yeah, shit. Still an awesome building though, I'd totally live there.

Well.. the great architect Mies van der Rohe once said “Less is more.” but i'm sure he did not mean it this way. I'm imagining living there, and i'm sitting in the room at the end of the building (whatever it was) and a friend of mine was in the bathroom that is in the middle of the apartment, and as there is no room for it to be on one side, only to get to the other end i'll have to go through the bathroom, and the doorbell rang, and i couldn't reach it until my friend finishes his job... and the door is open and the guest is like "what were you doin?" where i answer "my friend was in the bathroom...".

But to tell the truth, i was shocked, or maybe something else... well all i can think of is this...



This is a video of a building demolition in Turkey (my 2nd favorite country..) gone horribly wrong. Now I'm not saying I could have done better, but I totally could have. Youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment